Fire guts fashion warehouse in Lagos
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) says there was a fire outbreak on Tuesday morning, at 118, Broad Street, CMS, Lagos.
The fire, according to Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, Permanent Secretary of LASEMA, was caused by a power surge but no casualty was recorded in the incident.
“The agency responded to the fire incident on 118 Broad Street, which was relayed to LASEMA through the toll free 112 emergency number this morning.
“On arrival at the above scene of the incident, it was discovered that a room in a warehouse where shoes are stored was gutted by fire.
“The fire ignited as a result of a power surge when electricity was restored. Fortunately, there was no casualty in the incident.
“The agency’s response team alongside LRU fire, Lagos State Fire Service and Federal Fire Service are responders at the scene of the incident working together to put out the fire. The operation is ongoing,” Mr Oke-Osanyintolu said.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette
“We must be peaceful in our conduct before, during and after the elections, and not to harass anybody,” said Mr Abe.
The NCAC boss urged the association to produce a Nigerian song that will unify all the different ethnic groups in the country.
“The corps is known for integrity in service delivery and nothing short of that will be given to the good people of the state,” said the NSCDC commandant.
ONE Campaign has rated Enugu as the second highest performing state in primary healthcare service delivery in Nigeria from 2019 to 2021.
The FRSC said the caution became necessary because of the forecast of heavy rainfall.