Police to probe Portable over ‘One Million Boys’ creation claim

The Inspector-General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, has ordered the Lagos Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Alabi, to investigate hip-hop artiste Habeeb Okikilola, popularly known as Portable, over his alleged claim that he founded armed robbery groups in the state.
Police spokesman in Abuja, Muyiwa Adejobi, said in a tweet on Monday that the IGP directive will assist the police to “fish out pillars and sponsors of cult groups” in the country and restore sanity in the society.
“Sequel to the trending video of one Habeeb Okikiola aka Portable where he claimed to have formed the One-Million Boys cult group terrorising some parts of Lagos State, the IGP has ordered CP Lagos to investigate the indicting statement and take necessary legal action,” Mr Adejobi tweeted.
“This directive is premised on the continuous effort of the Nigeria Police Force to fish out pillars and sponsors of cult groups in order to decimate their activities and restore sanity to our society,” he said.
In a since deleted video posted on Instagram and reported by Peoples Gazette, Mr Okikiola claimed that he founded the notorious criminal gang in Lagos.
“Open your ears and hear me, you’ve heard about Ajah Boys, One Million Boys, I’m their founder,” the singer said in Yoruba.
Following his statement, there was a public outcry on social media, with Nigerians demanding that he be investigated over his link with the One Million Boys, an armed robbery group that terrorised Lagos and environs in 2020 during the COVID-19 lockdown.
We have recently deactivated our website's comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.
More from Peoples Gazette

Agriculture
FG tasks ECOWAS on leveraging financing strategies for agroecology
The federal government has urged stakeholders in the agriculture and finance sectors in the West Africa region to leverage financing strategies to enhance agroecology practices

Politics
Katsina youths pledge to deliver over 2 million votes to Atiku
“Katsina State is Atiku’s political base because it is his second home.”

States
Oyebamiji begs Adeleke, IGP Disu to stop post-election violent attacks on APC members
“I wish to alert the state government and security agents to the growing trend of hostility and violence against our members and supporters,” Mr Oyebamiji said on Tuesday.

Hot news Home top
‘This is probably my last year of football,’ says Ronaldo
“This is probably my last year of football, and I want to leave a spectacular legacy,” said Ronaldo.

Politics
Former military dictator IBB ‘father of Abia state’, says Otti
Governor Alex Otti congratulated former military dictator Ibrahim Babangida on his 85th birthday, describing him as the ‘Father of Abia state’.

Economy
Iran War: Trump threatens to bomb Oman over Strait of Hormuz
President Donald Trump threatened to bomb Oman in the Middle East if it “gets in the way” of its deal between the United States and Iran over the Strait of Hormuz.

World
Thousands keep vigil to mourn Jason Arday
Thousands of people gathered on Monday at a vigil in Trafalgar Square for Jason Arday, a 41-year-old Cambridge University professor who died amid allegations of plagiarism.

Africa
Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history
WHO says Ebola Bundibugyo outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is now the deadliest the country has ever faced.






